Positive expectations among the majority of European building products manufacturers for 2016
Rotterdam, March 30, 2016 2016 is expected to bring solid turnover growth for manufacturers of building materials and products, and especially for installation materials manufacturers. This is a result of USP Marketing Consultancys European Building Suppliers Monitor.Looking back at 2015:
- The year 2015 has been a positive year for the construction and installation sector. After a tough 2013 and a recovery in 2014, 2015 has taken on the positive growth developments in turnover and noted the highest turnover development from 2012 on.
- Russia and Ukraine clearly suffered from political and social instability as the building material manufacturers indicated these two countries to have faced tough times in terms of turnover development.
Forecast for 2016:
- Growth expectations for 2016 continue to be positive, though the manufacturers believe that the highly positive vibe of 2015 will be somewhat tempered. This is especially the case for (raw) building materials companies, as they are considerably less optimistic about the coming year than installation companies who expect even stronger growth than in 2015.
- The big difference in expectations for these two sectors is still explained by the fact that (raw) building materials companies are much more influenced by declining housing and commercial building production figures in many European countries. Installation and finishing companies benefit from the refurbishment/ maintenance market and energy efficiency trends.
- The positive outcomes of 2015 clearly motivate companies in the installation and finishing sector to increase their marketing budgets (from 2.6% in 2015 up to 4.3% in 2016).
For more information please contact:USP Marketing Consultancy Stephane Mennen, Project Manager T: 010-2066900 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Information Modelling; a license to operate?
The Netherlands From the moment we started to measure BIM adoption in 2013, the Netherlands have been at... Read more
Manufacturers play a decisive role regarding BIM integration
Methodology Each quarter, the European Architectural Barometer focuses on a different topic that plays an ... Read more
European home improvement jobs more often done by consumers
Highest growth of DIY jobs in Belgium, Germany and SpainThe European trend towards more DIFM is visible in ... Read more