One of the main goals of this research is to provide manufacturers of construction products with a profound understanding of the European contractor (who is the contractor, what does he do and how does he behave) and main trends on the construction market. These insights are provided for all major construction elements, such as facade, insulation, roofing, interior (ceiling, flooring & walls), raw construction materials (concrete, wood & steel), chemicals (additives, resins, sealing, bonding etc.), and elevators / escalators / automatic doors. Furthermore, economic developments, branding, and the decision-making authority of the contractor are investigated.
Reasons why contractors are becoming more and more important to monitor
- 'Build smarter, faster and cheaper' is one of the phrases that is often used in the construction sector
- Builders are moving up in the value chain. The influence of the main contractor is increasing rapidly in the construction sector
- The working method is changing, partly due to contract forms like Design Build & Maintanance (DBM)
- When a contractor becomes responsible for the long-term maintenance of a property, he of course wants to be included in the decisions on the materials and the design. At the same time, the digitalisation of the construction process is on the rise and BIM is here to stay.
Content of the research
- The Contractor Monitor report gives insight into the contracting industry in eight different countries.
- Both small and large building contractors are interviewed to this end.
- Apart from their order portfolio, we also interview them on the nature of the work.
- Apart from this research, which is published twice per year, we also carry out customised market research among contractors quite frequently.
- In addition to these insights, a particular theme is discussed in every report.
We also have a free newsletter in which you will get insights in the construction sector each quarter. To subscribe to the construction newsletter, please fill out the form on: https://www.usp-mc.nl/en/insights/newsletter/
H1 2021 | Purchase ChannelsMore info
H2 2020 | The role of contractors in the construction decision-making unitMore info
H1 2020 | Sustainability and CircularityMore info
H2 2019 | Media OrientationMore info
H1 2019 | BIM usage amongst European general contractors/buildersMore info
H2 2018 | PrefabMore info
H1 2018 | Purchase channelsMore info