Future of prefabrication in the European construction industry
One of the key trends in the construction industry is prefabrication, driven by the ongoing digitalisation (enabling prefab) and labour shortage (forcing prefab). Combined with still growing construction industry and a very strong demand on the residential market, prefabrication is clearly a solution to a problem. But to what degree is prefab asked for and maybe even more important, what kind of prefab is asked for (prefab elements, 3D prefab, finished vs unfinished and so on) and in which segments?
This Q3 2019 report of the European architectural barometer contains:
- Insights in 8 countries (Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland and the UK)
- Current prefab status in the construction market: Amount of projects containing prefab, type of prefab used in projects, type of projects, most dominant size and weight of prefab elements used in projects.
- Future expectations and trends: Expectations of projects containing prefab elements in 2020 and 2025, type of prefab elements to grow most in the coming years, kind of projects and building parts for which prefab is applied, most dominant size of prefab elements.
- Current and future expectations of prefabricated modular buildings/ volumetric elements (3D prefab)
Important features in this report:
- Results are presented on a European level and on country level
- Factsheets per country
- 1,274 architects interviewed in eight European countries
- As this is a annually repeating topic, the trendline for the development of prefab is reported as well.
The full report is available now for 1,750 Euro or free in combination with a 1 year subscription (4 quarterly reports) for 6,000 Euro. You can order it, by clicking the shopping cart button at this page. Or contact us by mail email@example.com of Phone +31-10-2066900.